Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Emergency rooms not clogged with the uninsured...

When I saw that headline I thought of how often I have heard this and assumed it to be true. Kind of like repeatedly hearing that those who oppose farming unique human embryos for spare parts, oppose stem cell research. If you hear it often enough you might believe it and not ask questions. For my stem cell example, everyone I know approves of stem cell research, but most strongly disapprove of taxpayers being forced to fund unproductive research that involves intentionally killing unique human embryos to obtain THEIR stem cells. There are lots of other sources of stem cells that ARE productive, and venture capital groups ARE willing to invest in, called adult stem cells that require no killing of young human lives.

My next apparently faulty assumption from the emergency room headline was that they were backed up by an overflow of illegal aliens. Perhaps it was the source of the article that made me wonder if they'd take that tact. But alas it is just exactly the opposite of what you might expect. In fact, the touted governmental solution, is once again the actual problem! Read the short, surprising article for yourself here.

No comments: